Prevent Cancer Now
Prevent Cancer Now seeks a world where all preventable causes of cancer are eliminated. Our mission is to build a Canada-wide movement to eliminate the preventable causes of cancer through research, awareness, education and advocacy.
Our goals are to:
- Create a national movement for cancer prevention;
- Entrench the precautionary principle, with use of the substitution principle to achieve least-toxic options.
- Devote more funds to primary prevention (from the current 2%), and act on what we know prevents cancer;
- Improve regulations and policies, to end environmental and workplace exposures to contributors to cancer; and
- Support individuals — especially marginalized groups — communities, businesses and governments to reduce or eliminate cancer-causing exposures.
Please visit our website for more information: http://www.preventcancernow.ca/main/about-us/mission